I ran my first run in over a week yesterday evening. My leg has healed - I experienced what I can only describe as some "tightness" while running.
It looks like the rest and stretching that Spencer recommended has paid off. I'm going to gradually increase my mileage this week, and then determine how far to run for my training run, knowing that I missed my 12-mile last Saturday and am supposed to do a 6-mile this weekend, followed by a 14-mile the following weekend.
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm so proud of you for taking a "time-out." Many athletes feel too much pressure, both externally and from within, to do that. Your setback was only minor and temporary because of your discretion. This will be proven to you as you cross that finish line in December.
Gambatte!
I wouldn't have known how to properly deal with this situation without your advice and support. And love. :)
Post a Comment