I'm back in Eugene this week, and was really looking forward to getting back on the running trails here.
But I'm still experiencing moderate pain with my leg from last week's run. Its much better than it has been all week, but after discussing it with Spencer this morning, I've made the difficult decision to abstain from this week's training run. We both agree that its not a good idea to run until the pain has completely subsided. I would say that it is feels about 90% normal, but I don't want to take any chances.
Spencer has spent a lot of time treating people with sports injuries. I can verify from last week's experience and his advice that stretching is really important. Both before and after a run, but also as a daily routine for someone like me, who is suffering from chronic pain from a specific muscle.
I'm going to continue to swim over the next few days and then I will take up maintenance runs before resuming my training run the following weekend.
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment