I was in my home town last week (Roseburg, OR). It was strange being there, especially during the summer.I did two maintenance runs and one training run. I ran by both of my grade schools, my junior high, and my high school (which is one of the biggest in the state). I also ran by my first apartment and all subsequent places I lived there, while I was attending the local community college.
My ten-mile training run was a little difficult. My iPod reset itself in the third mile of my run, so I had to record two runs (see "Training Runs" in the right navigation of this blog). I also ran into a problem with my lower left calf muscle, somewhere towards the last third of the run. I've been experiencing moderate pain and tightness where the muscle meets my foot ever since.
My boyfriend Spencer is a certified massage therapist and has helped me with recovery (including proper stretching, hot and cold packs, etc.). I don't want to take any chances, so I'm taking it easy and not running (including maintenance runs) until the pain subsides (which I'm feeling just walking on it). Of course, if it doesn't get any better, I'll need to see a physician.
I also got more swimming exercise while I was there. I floated down the river on inner tubes last Saturday with my cousin and his wife. We were on the river for 5 hours and it was a lot of fun, but also exhilarating.

1 comment:
I love your blog and love even more that it's contributing to my fame! I love you and am so proud of how you take care of yourself and those around you, including AIDS victims you don't even know...
Post a Comment