I officially started training for the AIDS marathon this morning.
Getting up was difficult. Mostly because I had a hard time going to sleep at 11 PM last night. I can already tell that this will probably be the most difficult thing for me during the program.
The training this morning was really amazing. I missed the "time trial" runs from the previous couple weekends, so I had to estimate what pace group I belong in. I chose the 11 minute mile group, as I felt confident that I could handle that pace, knowing that I typically run about 6 or 7 miles in an hour.
The members of my group were very encouraging and helpful and answered a lot of my questions. Apparently, the pace you run at during a marathon is supposed to allow you to hold a conversation. If you are running any faster than that, 26.2 miles might be difficult.
Saturday, June 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You write very well.
Post a Comment